Finding a healer: how to find a good one?
This guide's focus will be on the task of finding a good spiritual healer. Depending on your location, your choices may be very wide, or very limited. Looking for a healer may not be as straightforward as looking for a doctor, but in doing so, you should not let go of your judgment or common sense. Here are some questions to ask when looking for a good healer.
- Ask friends and acquaintances for referrals. If you were looking for a new hair salon or a mechanic, you would ask your friends and family first.
Finding a spiritual healer can be done in much the same way- ask around if anyone has been to a healer, and what their results were.
- Have an idea of the outcome you want- if you went to a doctor with a general "I don't feel well" complaint, that would not give the doctor enough information
to help you. Same concept applies with spiritual healers- if you go to one and say that your life is unfulfilling, they won't know enough to begin your treatment.
- Take a close look at the healer's personality- are you looking for a shoulder to cry on, or are you looking for someone more emotionally detached? Most people would
benefit from a healer that falls somewhere in the middle of the spectrum.
- Is it possible to talk to the healer on the phone? That is one way to find out if they are right for you; talk to them, get a feel for their personality, and have them help
you understand the process.
- Is the healer confident in their abilities? When you buy a service or product, you will often get a return policy or guarantee. If the healer is not willing to offer some
kind of guarantee, or does not seem confident in what they can do, choose another therapist.
- How often must you be seen? Although it is unlikely that full benefit can be had from a single session, does the healer let you know about how many sessions you will need in
order to mitigate your problem.
Define what would constitute a successful outcome. We all would like to think that a healer could make our problems disappear, but that is not always the case. Asking the questions
provided above is critically important in finding a good healer. After all, you are the one in control of your destiny.